Try some of these fun spelling activities to
increase your student's spelling skills.
1. Write words that have more than one meaning. Write them in sentences to show their different meanings.
2. Write words for which you can write an antonym or synonym.
3. Write words that can be both a noun and a verb. Use these words in sentences showing both meanings.
4. Write words to which you can add a prefix or suffix.
5. Write words you can make into compound words. See how many compound words you can write in fifteen minutes.
6. Write homographs, words that are spelled alike but may have different pronunciations. (read/read)
7. Write words for which you can change the beginning letter or
ending letter and make a new word. (long/song or said/sail)
8. Write words for which you can add one letter to make a new word. (words/swords)
9. Write words that begin with the same letter as your first or last name. Sort these words in some way.
10. Select a word. The first player changes any letter to make a new word. The second player changes any lettler of the new word to make another word. Continue this pattern as long as possible.
Also, check out spellingcity.com for fun ways to
practice your spelling words!
Last Modified on 2/8/2010 9:18:53 PM