Searching for that special way to honor your child is sometimes a difficult job.
We are inviting you to participate in our Birthday Book Program which honors your child as well as, adds books to our library.
The plan includes:
- Notifying the Media Center of your intent to purchase a book in your child’s honor of his or her birthday.
- Previewing and purchasing a book from a selection located on the Birthday Shelf in the Early Elementary Media Center or an appropriate selection from a retail store. Book prices on the Birthday Book Shelf range from $2.50 to $18.00.
- Payment for the book can be made with Cash, Check (Mattawan Schools) or through the School District Online payment program(s) PayPal or RevTrak. Look for the Early Elementary Media Center links in either one of those options. Please try to make exact payments in Rev Trek as we cannot refund your balance. If you would like to make a donation with your balance amount simply let us know and we humbly thank you in advance.
- Call the Media Center at 668-3361 ext. 1661.
- We can help you before or after school OR we can also arrange to meet with your child during his/her Book Exchange class time. If you have any questions at all you can also email Laura Ballard at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Birthday books will be processed and added to our shelves after payment has been received.
In return, the library:
- Will inscribe your child’s name and birth date on the inside front cover of the gift book.
- Will take your child’s picture and add one copy to the book’s inside front cover and place a second copy on the library’s Birthday Board.
- Will share a gift of a birthday button and bookmark from the Media Center.
- Will check the book out to your child so it can be enjoyed by the entire family before being returned to the Media Center to be enjoyed by everyone else.
So, give that gift that can be opened again and again…