Community Resources

24 Hour Crisis


Emergencies – 911


  • School Meals:  The USDA has waived fees which allows all of our students to obtain free lunch and breakfast. If your student is learning virtually, you may pick up meals for multiple children in your family on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays between 12:30 and 2:00 pm at any of these sites: EES (front of building), HS (by cafeteria), and Woodland Estates (old office).

  • WILDPAKS (Friday food packs): Students who are signed up to get weekly Wildpaks and are not going to school in person may pick them up on Fridays between 12:30 and 2:00 pm at the EES.

  • Mattawan Area Pantry – 269-459-3088 (Front Street, Mattawan)
  • Supplies for Success provides clothing to school-aged children. If you have clothing needs, please email Alaina Scott at:

  • Jody’s Closet: Calvary offers free clothes to anyone in need, we have NO income limit.  Monthly we give clothes to 300-500 people.  The local community provides us with donations, as well as Clothing Mentor and Once Upon a Child in Portage.   We are also on the 411 for Van Buren and Kalamazoo county emergency needs.

  • “Jody’s Closet” is named after Jody Alzner, mother to Evan and Emma (both have graduated from MCS, and Anna and Lily, in Upper El and MS at MCS).  Two years ago, she passed away suddenly.  Click here for the link to Jody’s Closet.

  • Kalamazoo Loaves and Fishes – 269-343-3663 (901 Portage St, Kalamazoo)
  • McKinney-Vento Homeless Resources -What Parents and Students Need to Know 

  • Salvation Army – 269-344-6119 (1700 S. Burdick, Kalamazoo)
  • Kalamazoo Valley Family Church – (2500 Vincent Ave, Portage) Tuesdays – 5:30pm – 7:30pm
  • The Ark for Youth Shelter – (800) 873-8336
  • Decatur Family Shelter – (269) 423-9450
  • WIC (Food & Formula Assistance) – (269) 427-7914
  • SMCAA (Food & Emergency Housing) – (800) 344-7670
  • Department of Health & Human Services – (269) 621-2800

Low Cost Internet

Taxes/Stimulus Funds

All Income Levels Need to File Taxes in Order to Receive Stimulus Money. Families who might not normally file taxes due to low-income levels need to file taxes this year to be eligible for the most recent stimulus check (could be more than $4,000 for a family of three) as well as a monthly, per child allowance of $250-$300 through December.  Free help with filing taxes is offered to anyone making less than $72,000 using the IRS site that has partnered with a number of tax preparation software companies. If a person does not have a bank account, a prepaid debit card can be sent to them directly.

The link to IRS free tax filing is:

Information on tracking stimulus payments can be found here:


Health/Health Insurance

If you are in need of health insurance for your children, click on this link:


  • Birth Control/Family Parenting – (269) 621-3143
  • Planned Parenthood – (800) 230-7526
  • InterCare Community Health – (269) 427-7967
  • Insure Kids Now – (877) 543-7669
  • American Sexual Health Association – (919) 361-8400
  • Teen Health Resources Line – (888) 711-8336

Court/Law Enforcement



Sexually Transmitted Diseases

LGBTQ+ Resources

Eating Disorders

  • National Eating Disorders Association – (800) 931-2237
  • Eating Disorders Online – (866) 222-1883



Other Resources