State law prohibits a principal or teacher from admitting new entrants to school without a record of one dose of each: Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Polio, Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis, Hepatitis B, and Chickenpox (varicella), OR A SIGNED EXEMPTION.
You must provide the school with a record showing that your child has received all of these required immunizations:
(For Children 4-6 Years of Age)
- Four (4) doses of DTP vaccine (diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis) and, if a dose was not received on or after the fourth birthday, a booster dose at school entry.
- Three (3) doses POLIO vaccine and if a dose was not received on or after the fourth birthday, a booster dose at school entry.
- Two (2) doses of MMR vaccine (measles-mumps-rubella) received after the first birthday, at least one month apart, and with one of the doses at or after 15 months of age OR current laboratory evidence of immunity to measles, mumps and rubella.
- Three (3) doses of HEPATITIS B vaccine
- Varicella (Chickenpox) Only one dose required if received on or after the first birthday but prior to the 13th birthday OR two doses required, administered at least 28 days apart, if the child received the first dose on or after the 13th birthday.
If immunization is against your religious beliefs, you must sign the exemption form that is available at the school. Children who have not completed the required immunizations will be excluded until requirements are met.