Students use their school Google Apps Accounts to produce a lot of great writing, presentations, and more. When they graduate or leave the district they might like to take that work with them. Google doesn’t yet have a simple way to transfer everything from one account to another, but there are a few easy ways to get the information you want exported and downloaded for safe keeping. You can upload the files to a personal Google Account later, turn them into Microsoft Office files, or upload contacts, calendars, and email to another non-Google account.
- Visit Google Takeout and login with your Mattawan School Google Account.
- Select the Google Apps and Services you want to export your data and documents from and select the option to receive the file as a download via email (depending on the size of your Google account, this could take several hours).
- Once the Google Takeout email arrives, use the links to download your archived data and documents.
- Download the archive (there may be more than one archive for large amounts of data) and save them to your personal computer, external hard drive, or other location.
- You can “unzip” the archives and then upload the data and documents to a new personal Google Account or use the files and document in Microsoft Office or other applications.
Need More Help? Google has great resources for questions, answers, and more information about Google Takeout, visit this frequently asked questions page.