Transportation Fun Facts
- Mattawan Consolidated School Transportation Department provides for pick-up and delivery of nearly 3,500 students each day.
- Our buses travel approximately 380,000 miles each year covering the District’s 55 square miles.
- Our standardized fleet consists of thirty-one 89-passenger buses, three 78 passenger buses and two buses that are equipped to service special education students.
- Currently, 22 routes transport our Middle and High School students. There are 24 routes that service our Early and Later Elementary Schools.
- All Mattawan buses have two-way radios and are equipped to make both visual and audio recordings of the bus environment.